Monday 10 December 2012

Photoshop/Editing - Yes or No?

I say yes.
All the damn way.
*I don't actually use Photoshop, I use Gimp, because it's free and I'm a skint student, but when I say Photoshop I just generally mean editing pictures

I've always been honest that I use photoshop, people always ask me why I edit my photos, I've had both friends and family ask me that. Well I just like photos better when they're edited, Iactually enjoy editing photos! They look more polished and I definitely look better with a bit of touching up! Also no, I don't care if people think I'm vain for doing so, yeah I take a ton of pictures but perhaps I take 30 or something, I'll only put one on Facebook say every month or two, honestly I'm anything but vain, I'm like the polar opposite.

In all honesty, swear on my life, I don't use photoshop to alter my features in any way (eye enlarging, boob enlarging, chin sharpening la de da), you just need to learn your angles haha. It bugs me so much when others say that people who photoshop their pictures looking nothing like that in real life! I mainly use it to get rid of my spots. This is why I don't see a problem with it. I'm giving my skin a smoother, cleaner surface, not taking Beyonce's facial features and merging them with mine. I have mild acne and I'm currently on medication which will hopefully clear my spots up, but in the meantime, until I don't feel the need to edit my skin any more, I will continue to remove those horrible little buggers. It's just so easily done, a click here, a swipe there.. I've become a pro at perfecting my skin now.

Photoshopping my pictures has actually helped me in a big way, there's no way I'd be able to post pictures of myself if I couldn't edit the spots away, so it makes me feel slightly happy that I can still have a nice picture without a horrendous spot ruining it. Before I discovered how to edit my pictures I'd take a bunch and delete the vast majority because my skin was always spotty and it used to annoy the hell out of me that I couldn't just have a decent picture! That was until I done some research on Google and discovered the wonderful world of photoshop ^.^ Don't get me wrong my spots still depress me but at least I can do something about it now, I think the last time I had spot free skin was 2nd year in high school, that was 6 years ago.

As weird as it sounds, I like the whole process of taking a picture and editing it to make it look that bit more professional and just more aesthetically pleasing. I like applying filters to photos, sometimes a good filter doesn't require me to edit my skin at all which is always a bonus. It's amazing what difference minor things like brightness can do to a picture, I like experimenting and finding these things out.

Photoshopping has become a common thing nowadays, and I personally don't see the harm in it. I'm not a celebrity, I'm not trying to impress guys by editing my pictures, I do it for ME, to make ME feel good. Trust me, no guys are lookin' in this direction anyway haha! People can critisize me for editing my pictures, I don't care, I shall continue to use it if I have to until I'm 80 and editing out my eyebags!

No comments:

Post a Comment