Thursday 27 February 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation Review


I've been wearing this foundation for the past fortnight so I think I've worn it long enough to write an honest review on it. 

 I got this on offer from Tesco for £3.99!! Now that my friends is a bargain.
30ml of product for so cheap is a great deal!
The squeezy tube is ideal as it's easy to squeeze the product out, and the tube is easy enough to cut open when it's done if you're one of those people who like to get out every last possible bit of their makeup. I know I am!

This foundation comes in 5 shades, which realistically, is going to make it hard to find your ideal match. I chose the shade 200 which was about a shade too dark for me, but it looks fine once I apply a powder. I know, powder over matte, are you crazy?! It definitely dries matte, but I don't think this is the best for oily skin because an hour without powder and my nose and forehead look like an oil slick. 


Rimmel claims: "A feather-light, liquid mousse that blends flawlessly for natural-looking and an all day shine control
Silky smooth formula for a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish
Lightweight texture won't feel heavy or greasy
Minimises the appearance of pores.

I don't really understand it when products are described as a liquid mousse, a liquid is runny and a mousse is spongy, is it a runny bouncy cross breed? It's definitely more on the mousse side anyway. 

The product is quite thick but it blends in nicely with my skin, a little goes a long way. It has great coverage too, not cakey looking and not heavy on your face which is always a major plus.


For me, I'm all about the full coverage, and this foundation is great in the sense that you don't look like you've dunked your face in foundation. 
Basically, you can tell there's still a face underneath that foundation, always a good thing. Natural is the word I'm looking for! Lovely and natural. 
Great coverage and it definitely lives up to its claim of being lightweight.

However, I don't get it's claims of minimising pores. If anything, it enhances my pores on my cheeks! Once I've done the rest of my face makeup it's not so obvious, but if you were talking to me up close you'd probably be like 'damn she's got big pores!'

It definitely lives up to its claim of being silky smooth, the first time I wore this I stroked my face with admiration for a good few minutes because it felt so soft! I'm completely normal.

This lasts me about 8 hours with a good coverage still in tact. I stupidly fell asleep with it on last night (don't hit me) and when I woke up the only remnants of it on my face were it clinging for dear life onto my dry patches around the sides of my nose and mouth. It was disgusting, do not do this!


Full face of makeup applied with the rimmel matte foundation, it photographs very very well!
Overall I'd rate this 4/5
Affordable, lasts me most of the day, photographs well, great coverage
Not so great shade range, doesn't minimise pores
Still a great foundation overall for super cheap!

Thanks for reading! :)




2 comments: