Tuesday 16 April 2013

Kate Moss Lipstick Review #22





Lets be vain and start with a picture of my face... *facepalm*

I was eyeing up the Kate Moss lipsticks in Asda after reading many positive reviews about them, incase you weren't aware, Kate Moss collaborated with Rimmel London to produce several ranges of lipsticks, the ones in the red tube are matte. They're known as "Lasting Finish" and claim to have a staying power of up to 8 hours. I was going to buy #107 but I left it for some reason.. However, when I went elsewhere with my friend we found #22 at a stall for £2.99... so. bloody. cheap! Unopened and brand spanking new, needless to say I bought it!



I really like how sleek the packaging looks, I wish I was called Kate, that'd be pretty cool to have a lipstick with your name on it.. Anyhoo.. There is a Spring lipstick collection and I believe this may be a part of it as the writing is Pink as opposed to the regular red.


Quite well pigmented, that was just with one swipe!


I wish the lipsticks had names as opposed to numbers, it's just a preference of mine though, not a big deal ^.^



You know how sometimes the lipstick looks like a totally different colour on your lips than it did in "tube form"? Well, I'm glad to say that's not the case for this lipstick! I've been so disappointed before with nude lipsticks in particular, they look so pretty in the tube and so weird on me!



I should've taken photos straight after applying it but these were taken after I'd worn it for roughly 6 hours and I'd been drinking cola throughout the day.



Please excuse my lips, I've just came off a 6 month treatment of accutane and they're finally starting to get back to normal!

The one thing about this lipstick that I'm not so keen on is the smell. It smells like cheap toy lipstick, you know the one you'd get as a young girl to play with? It has that yucky floral but plastic-y overpowering smell, but I find that to be the case with all of the Rimmel lipsticks I've used unfortunately. On the upside, it stops me from licking my lips because it tastes so damn bad whenever I do accidentally lick them.

This lipstick does transfer, but not as badly as most of my other lipsticks, even my daily nude lipstick transfers more than this! 

It's creamier than most lipsticks I've used which can be a bad or a good thing, but there was no major bleeding even after 6 hours and I hadn't used any lip liner with this, two thumbs up!

Full face shots:


My lipstick had started to fade on the insides but I still think it looks pretty good for 6 hours wear! I reapplied a bit more just to have nice pictures haha ^.^




Overall I'm still not sure if this is 'the perfect' red lipstick that I'm still desperately trying to find! My Mum's words when she first saw me wearing this were "you look like a prostitute!" ... cheers Mum! She's very old school and believes 'natural is best' and all that jazz. I think this has orange undertones to it and doesn't flatter my olive skin tone as well as I was hoping it would. I still love this though and I'll continue to wear it, I'll aslo definitely be purchasing more lipsticks from the Kate Moss range!

Thanks for reading! :) x




54 comments:

  1. Dear thankyou for your lovely comment, and I'm definitely following you back. :*
    I always wanted a bright red lipstick like yours, but I think It didn't suit me like the way I wanted them to. Nevermind, you look so cute!

    cheers!
    violettelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should try it, you may be pleasantly surprised! :)

      Delete
  2. amazing ;D

    waiting u here
    http://inspiredbyfashionlook.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color, love your make up!
    Would you like to follow each other? :)
    Please let me know!
    YuliConversationS.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! ^.^ Of course! Followed you now!

      Delete
    2. Thanks doll! Followed you back :)
      (my pic is different on the followers list, but same name :)
      YuliConversations.blogspot.com
      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I want to try it now!!!

    follow for follow?

    graciiousme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for your lovely comment!

    I really love the red lipstick on you
    I'm following you back :)
    xx
    Très Jolie fashion blog
    follow Très Jolie via Bloglovin
    like Très Jolie Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red lipstck, it looks amazing on you :-)
    Tnx for following, followed u back :-) (as Ivana, no picture)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lipstick looks really lovely on you! :)
    Maybe you might consider following each other on GFC and Bloglovin? I will wait for you on my blog!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Of course, I've followed you now! :D

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Sweetie, you sure you followed me, because I cannot see you in my follower list! :/
      Nevertheless following you now on GFC and! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the color! Maybe you would like to follow each other? x
    http://superfakekids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Of course, I've followed you now ^.^ x

      Delete
  9. I really like this colour on you!! not tried a kate Moss lipstick yet but this one is one i would choose.
    Great blog

    Carrieanne x
    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D You should definitely try them out! x

      Delete
  10. wow You are so pretty <3
    Follow me ? and I you?
    http://mikilove47582.blogspot.com/
    http://instagram.com/miki4758

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! Sure I'll follow you! :D x

      Delete
  11. hey sweetie, I just came across your blog and I really enjoy it:) wanna follow each other? Let me know!xx

    http://precious-precious-love.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Of course! I've followed you :) xx

      Delete
  12. Hello dear :) Great post! The red lipstick look so good and I love your contacts :)
    I am your newest follower, hope you can follow me back.
    Have a nice day :o)

    xLOVEx http://veronicadelarge.blogspot.sk/2013/04/shop-persunmall.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D Of course, I've followed you back now :D

      Delete
  13. It looks great on you! And your eyes are stunning =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Oh I've got contacts to thank for that lol :P x

      Delete
  14. Wow the color is amazing by your eyes love it! Shall we follow let me know XSE

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's such a beautiful color on you! And I love the cat eyes :)

    Would you like to follow each other?

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Of course, I'm following you now! xx

      Delete
  16. Hi dear! Thank you for the lovely comment! I'm following you now :) Anyway, I love how red it was and it looks perfectly beautiful on you! I haven't had a Kate Moss lipstick, and I wish to try it soon! ♥ I hope I could find some cheap branded lipsticks selling around here in the Philippines. Anyway, have a good day! x

    Airish ♥
    http://gorgeousglance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Do you watch Say Artillero on youtube? She has some good reviews on makeup products in the Philippines! :) x

      Delete
  17. Following u back :) keep in touch xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Of course, will do! xx

      Delete
  18. Looks like a great colour on you!x

    Please feel free to check out my blog! It's new so any feedback is welcomed :)

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/cocochic-by-stephanie-toms

    ReplyDelete
  19. I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR BLOG! AMAZING, DARLING! <3

    XOXO
    HOLYKATTA

    ReplyDelete
  20. That color looks great!

    Filipina ka rin? Thanks sa comment sa blog ko! :)
    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat po! I'm half Filipina, and no problem! ^.^

      Delete
  21. you look really nice! followed you :)

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, followed you back! :D x

      Delete
  22. Of course, I'd love to! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your blog!!
    I am a new blogger, check me out at:
    www.madeyoustare.blogspot.co.uk

    I have also nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award
    Visit it here:

    http://madeyoustare.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/leibster-blog-award.html

    Ally
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. love Rimmel lipsticks in general! They are great quality for the price. The color looks great on you and i don't think you look like a prostitute XD I think you look pretty! xx Rena

    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! They're such good quality and so affordable! Hahaha thank you! Take that mum! :P xx

      Delete