Sunday 7 April 2013

Hair Chalking on Dark/Black Hair

I've been wanting to try hair chalking on myself but I kept on forgetting to buy the chalk, luckily for me my brother gave me some that he thought might work because he has a stash of art supplies, oh the benefits of having a brother who's artsy ^.^

I didn't get much pictures of the process because it was so messy and I didn't want to touch my camera, however it's quite simple really, i just dampened my hair and rubbed the chalk on it, it took a few attempts for me because my hair is about as dark as you can get really.. it's very thick, black and Asian..

^That was before I started a new strand but as you can see from my gloves, the colour gets everywhere!!

^This was the result from using red chalk, it turned out more of a brown colour but I wasn't expecting miracles seeing as my hair is so dark!


How cute are my jammies? Haha this was at the end of the day and the colour was still in my hair! The colour had transferred to my denim jacket though.. not coool so if you were to do this, I'd definitely wear something where the colour transfer won't be so visible, because I can assure you, it will transfer!

Overall, I don't think I'd do this again, as you can see in the picture above it dried out my ends and they remained dry even after a few washes, however it did make me want to permanently dip dye my hair a proper red after seeing what it could look like!

Thanks for reading! ^.^




2 comments:

  1. It's always hard on dark hair unfortunately if you don't bleach it..
    Nice blog! I'm following now. Hope you have a look at mine too!
    http://www.curlsandbags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes I hate having dark hair, it's a nightmare to colour, temporary or not! Awesome, thank you! I've followed you too ^.^

      Delete