Sunday 24 February 2013

DIY Japanese inspired 3D nails

Ever since I saw pictures of Park Bom from 2NE1's nails, I've been wanting to have a go myself at Japanese 3D nailart. I realise opinions are split on these type of nails, people are either like "too much", "eww", or "love them" but I personally adore them, life's too short to care about what other people think anyway, they're always going to judge you on something sooo.. I ordered a few bits and bobs from Ebay, bought some superglue and just glued random stuff onto false nails haha.. I thought it'd be too damaging to my own nails and if I messed up, I could always throw away the nail.

I really liked this picture of Bom's nails:


...but there's no way I'd be able to get mine done like that because of work where I need to handle money and stuff *sobs*

For my own version I used Nailene sticky tabs because my previous experience with nail glue was just... horrific, never again.. or at least for a short while hehe ^.~

So here is the end result!:






^You can see that one of the diamantes from my ring finger fell off T_T

So whaddya think? ^.^ Please feel free to give your honest opinion! For my first attempt, I'm pretty damn proud!

Thanks for reading! ^.^ x






10 comments:

  1. AMAZING BLOGG :)

    LOVE IT!

    XX http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink design is very princess-like ^^ Cute!!!


    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They surprisingly just stayed on with the Nailene nail tabs, I took them off at the end of the day though because I had work the next day but they could've definitely lasted longer!

      Delete
  4. Wow! So cute! But aren't they hard to manage and keep on? How long did yours stay on? :)

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purposely took mine off at the end of the day because I had work the next day and didn't fancy wearing them while working but they would've definitely lasted longer if I wanted to keep them on! I'm not gonna lie, it sure does make normal everyday tasks more of a challenge but I think it's worth it :P

      Delete
  5. Sooo beautiful...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other?
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Of course, i'm following you back now! ^.^

      Delete