Saturday 5 January 2013

Vivo Haul & Review

I always look at the make-up aisle in Tesco because my local one has a lot of selection, and I noticed a brand that I hadn't came across before called Vivo. Everything in the range is under £6 and you've probably established that I love a good bargain so I picked up a couple of eyeshadow trios and individual eyeshadows.


The trios I got were 'Sugar Plum' on the left and 'Be-Dazzled' on the right and were only £2.50 each, which is good considering each eyeshadow is a decent size! The individual eyeshadows were I believe £1 each? Either that or £1.50.


I really like the packaging, it has a clasp fastening so everything remains in place, the transparent circles allow you to see the true colour, and black always looks sleek and modern in my opinion.



This is the trio with and without flash, it is more true to colour with flash. There are three colours, all with a slight shimmer or pearl sheen to them. You may be able to see in the top picture that the trio actually has a little mirror inside which is useful if you're on the go to make little touch ups. The sponge applicator that comes with it isn't much good, as expected with those types of brushes, but it might come in useful in emergencies.



Again, with and without flash. The three colours are an off white colour, a pearlescent lavender and a deeper shade of purple which in real life looks more like a rich purple, almost maroon colour. Now this is where it starts to go downhill... I had to swatch all of the eyeshadows 3 times before I could get a swatch this intense.   I really wanted them to have a good colour payoff after reading other rave reviews but in my case it was really nothing to rave about, I tried using a dense brush and a fluffy brush and neither of them picked up much colour. I even used the sponge applicator and I just got a light coating of shimmer.

I would say you get what you pay for, but that's not always the case. The MUA eyeshadows are even cheaper than the Vivo ones and they are fantastic! 


Same story, different palette. This one is 'Be-Dazzled', and I was. For all the wrong reasons. 


Can you see the glitter in the black eyeshadow? It's more visible in the picture without flash, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's glittery black eyeshadows. Black is so much better matte in my opinion, I think it just makes me look like a hot mess verging on drag queen whenever I previously wore black that had glitter or shimmer in it. Save that for the nailpolishes, that is an exception where black and glitter works.

Again, it took me several swatches before the eyeshadow was truly visible. The blue is even still opaque looking in the photos. I'm so annoyed that these didn't work for me, the colours are gorgeous and exactly what I was looking for, it's a shame they didn't work as well on me as they did on other people.



Unfortunately, the single eyeshadows weren't much better. They had a chalky consistency and didn't feel smooth at all, they felt quite hard actually which seems odd. I had to basically dig my fingers in to get a swatch out of these, they look so beautiful aswell, it sucks that they barely showed up on me.

Overall, I definitely won't be purchasing the eyeshadows again. I could've bought two more MUA palettes so it sucks that I feel like I've just wasted money because I know these will just sit in my drawers. I was really looking forward to experimenting with new colours and they seemed affordable but I guess we have a love hate relationship; I wanted to love them, but they hate me TT_TT I'd still like to give the lipsticks and lipglosses from Vivo a go though, there's a good colour selection and there are shades I'd wear!

I hope this post was benificial to someone!

Until next time, byeeee! ^.^








11 comments:

  1. hi dear thanks for the comment on my blog i follow u back in gfc now! bacio
    giuly
    thefashionmamas.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your comment.

    We like your blog, so we follow back. :-)

    Kiss, Selina & Olivia, The RedViolet
    www.theredviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!

    I like your blog, I'm your new follower, if you want you can follow me back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've followed you back now ^-^

      Delete
  4. Hi :) I'm really enjoying your blog! Thanks for the review and you're gorgeous! :) I'm your new follower.

    http://halfnice.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm following you too ^.^

      Delete
  5. ooh, pretty colors!! those eyeshadows are gorgeous! (:

    fashionlei styled

    ReplyDelete
  6. the tosca color is so great , love it :)

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGPSOT.COM

    ReplyDelete