Tuesday 18 December 2012

Winter Sale Haul

So as it's the run up to Christmas, lots of shops have been having up to 50% off sales and stuff so here's what I got!

I actually got a really nice pair of denim shorts which I was in love with from New Look for £9, took them home without trying them on because shorts tend to fit me alright most of the time, only to realise the zip was bloody broken, not a happy bunny! So the rest of the things I got from New Look were:

This skater skirt in an almost metallic blue with an elasticated waist for ...... £5! Woooo I love a bargain. I didn't bother to photograph it on a hanger or properly so on top of my bed shall have to do, it was already late, that's my excuse...



It just sits so nicely on and covers all my lumps and bumps, it's also a lovely colour and pairs well with a lot of things in my wardrobe.


Here I just paired it with a loose, sheer Primark top and a beanie hat which I didn't successfully capture >.< But my aim was to basically just show it's versatility and how it can be dressed up or down.


New Look were doing a buy one get one free offer on all their jewellery and hair accessories, I didn't see much that caught my eye which is surprising because I'm a jewellery junkie, but I just picked up these two pairs of earrings.


I was going through a phase where I was obsessed with crosses, then I got sick of them, and now I only like cross shaped jewellery so I couldn't resist these, they're so pretty. These cross earrings also came in black with a silver edging and after a good 10 minutes deciding what pair to get, I chose these pale pink ones because the black ones probably wouldn't be that visible with my black hair. They're surprisingly not that heavy and the colour of them can go with a lot.


I think they look really nice on! The colour is a bit more of a peachy pink irl but I blame the lack of colour on a photo editing app I used on my mums iphone, it's meant to make your skin look all nice and perfect but I think it's borderline barbie D:


I've been wanting a pair of earrings like these for ages now but I didn't want just plain silver or gold and I thought these looked interesting. Sadly, I wore them out the next day and they seemed to just slide apart really easily like they were going to drop out of my ears at any minute so I had to take them off and shove them into my pocket :( If they weren't so loose, they would've been my favourite earrings like ever, they look really cool and give off a more edgy kinda vibe.


Don't think I'll be using that photo editing app anytime soon again haha.. I wish my skin was that flawless! Oh and that thing on my neck is a birth mark. So that is what they look like on.


From H&M I got these three skirts, the black zip one was £4 and the other two were only £2 each! The only thing about the coloured ones is they are quite thin so if you were to tuck a top into it, it'd be really visible and lumpy :( Although they're perfect for wearing under a top to add a pop of colour to an outfit! I love the black zip skirt, it hugs your body but it doesn't show all my rolls of flub, whereas the other two are kinda skin tight but I love the colour of the neon skirt, it's much more vibrant in real life.

Lastly, I finally got round to buying a pair of creepers! ^.^ I'd wanted a pair for ages but I was always hesitant because I didn't think I could pull them off but I really needed another pair of shoes that I could wear for college and stuff so I thought whyyyy notttt! I think they actually go really nicely with the majority of my wardrobe and I totally laaaav them ^o^

I only have an instagram picture of them because I forgot to snap a picture with my camera >.<


So that is all of my winter sale finds (so far!), no doubt I'll have purchased a few more bits and bobs soon which I'll most likely upload onto here! Until next time, adios! ^.^








12 comments:

  1. I love that skirt you have! You paired it perfectly without your jewelry! I follow you now!

    http://mindy13579.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, you have a really nice eyes, goes well with the earrings!
    by the way love the skirt!
    i'm following you back! thanks soo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! ^.^ not a problem, thank you too!

      Delete
  3. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! you're very pretty yourself!

    i love your skirt very much, it's simple and sweet but the lightly shiny material really adds chicness to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and comment! I really appreciate your kind words! :D

      Delete
  4. followed ;) thanks for the following by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful earrings and skirt!
    How about following each other?
    If so, follow me and I will follow you back for sure!

    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete